Start Date: 8/11/2021 8:00 AM EDT
End Date: 8/13/2021 12:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Lexington Griffin Gate Marriott Golf Resort & Spa Location:
1800 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY United States 40511
Kentucky Telecom Association, Inc.
Join the Kentucky Telecom Association - the leading voice for Kentucky's rural broadband providers - for the KTA Annual Meeting, August 11-13 in beautiful Lexington, KY! The return of our in-person annual meeting offers attendees the opportunity to participate in the KTA Golf Tournament, Table Top Expo, General Meeting and Breakout Sessions and so much more!
The event registration page includes available sponsorship opportunities as well as the option for both members and non-members to register for various events over the course of the annual meeting. Register before July 30th to take advantage of the early bird registration rate (Members $289/person, Non-members $449/person). After July 30th the registration rate goes to $299/person for members and $459/person for non-members.
UPDATE: The KTA Room Block at the Marriott Griffin Gate Resort and the Hilton Embassy Suites is SOLD OUT!
Please Note: Current federal and state CDC guidelines are recommending masking indoors for unvaccinated persons and any vaccinated or unvaccinated persons that are immuno-compromised or traveling from an area with a high COVID-19 positivity rate.
2021 KTA Annual Meeting Schedule
Wednesday, August 11
8:00 AM Registration Desk Open
8:00 Welcome Breakfast
- 10:00 AM
9:00 AM Associate Members Meeting
9:30 AM- Corn Hole Toss
11:00 AM Sports Luncheon
12:00- Golf Tournament
3:00 PM Corn Hole Toss
5:00- Sports Reception & Awards
9:30 - Dessert Party
11:00 PM (golf prizes will be on display for pick-up, if needed)
Thursday, August 12
8:00 AM Registration Desk Open
8:30 AM President’s Breakfast Buffet
(open to all attendees)
9:00 AM Welcome & Call to Order
General Session I Convenes
Johnny McClanahan, NCTC GM/CEO
9:05 AM Federal Infrastructure Discussion
Congressman James Comer, KY CD-1
Ranking Member, Oversight and Reform Committee
10:00 AM The Future of Broadband Competition
Aaron Sedler, Partner
Matt Pearce, Consulting Senior Manager
11:00 AM Break/Announcements
11:15 AM Finding the Funding: Preparing for Loan & Grant Programs
Kristy Szabo, Director of Consulting
Vantage Point Solutions
12:15 PM Association Business Meeting
(Johnny McClanahan, Chair)
Safety Donation & Company Awards
Debbie Trusty, UNITEL Insurance
Ryan Keeley, UNITEL Insurance
Officer & Committee Reports
Election of New Board Members
Other Business Items
12:30 PM Business Luncheon
Federal Broadband Update
Molly O’Leary, Director of Government Affairs
NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association
1:45 – Breakout Sessions
1. Are You Ready for Wi-Fi 6?
Greg Owens, Senior Director, Solutions Marketing
2. Dissecting the Ransomware Kill-Chain
Oscar Minks, Director of Technical Solutions and Services
5:00 - Table Top Expo
8:00 PM (set-up available after 2 pm)
7:00 - Reception/Dine-Around
8:00 PM (heavy Hors D’oeuvres stations)
8:00 – Entertainment: The Sensations
Friday, August 13
7:30 AM Board of Directors Meeting
8:15 AM Registration Desk Opens
8:30 AM Continental Breakfast
9:00 AM General Session II Convenes
USDA Federal Update
Traci Vaught, Acting State Director, Rural Development
9:15 AM Legally Compliant Hiring and Accommodations, Post-Covid Addition
Lira Johnson, Partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
Stephen Mattingly, Partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
10:15 AM Future of Telco/Rural Electric Cooperative Partnerships
Johnny McClanahan, CEO/GM, NCTC
Dewayne McDonald, CEO, WarrenRECC
11:00 AM Executive Director’s Report
Tyler Campbell, KTA Executive Director
11:30 AM Introduction of New Officers
The New President's Remarks
TABLETOP EXPO EXHIBITORS, PLEASE NOTE: KTA has implemented new pricing guidelines with a member and non-member rate for the Tabletop Expo. KTA asks that at least one individual from your company be registered for the conference. Additional "expo-only" attendees may register at no additional charge. You may contact the Executive Director at email@example.com to provide the name of any expo-only attendees. Priority placement during the Table Top Expo will be given to premium associate members, then basic associate members over non-members that are displaying during the expo. Tables are 3' x 6' and draped. AC power and chairs provided on request at no additional cost. Exhibit hours are Thursday, August 12th, 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Set up will be in the afternoon; tear down at close of expo.
Tabletop Expo Rules:
- KTA premium associate members exhibiting will receive priority placement at tabletops on the outside wall of the event space. Room size limits the expo to approximately 48 tabletops. Inside tables will be set in pods of 4; outside tables along the walls.
- Stand-alone backdrops and pop-ups are allowed only along an outside table. Inside table-tops cannot have stand-alone backdrops, and table pop-ups cannot be higher than 30”. We ask that you comply in order to accommodate the space within the conference room. Please limit displays to small pieces of equipment and literature.
- Tables are 3' x 6' and draped. AC power and chairs provided on request at no additional cost. An additional table may be requested by a company for an additional $100 fee. Contact the KTA Executive Director to make arrangements.
- Table top assignments will be made the last week of July.
For hotel info, contact Shari Florence at 859/288-6114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Expo materials should arrive no earlier than 2 days before the exhibit date and include a contact name and "KTA Expo" on the package. Do not ship to the KTA office. Plan to set up and breakdown on the exhibit date. Hotel staff will be available to assist and provide shipping details.
- Ship Expo materials to this address: Marriott's Griffin Gate Resort & Spa, 1800 Newtown Pike, Lexington, KY 40511.
We look forward to welcoming everyone in August! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the KTA Office.