The Kentucky Telecom Association was established in 1937 as a non-profit organization to promote and support the general interests and welfare of the telecommunications industry in the Commonwealth. This is still our goal.
The industry has undergone enormous changes and growth since KTA was established. Advancements in technology, including the growth of computer applications and fiber cable, expanding service areas, increasingly complex regulatory requirements and competitive services has fueled many of these changes. Throughout this time, KTA has served the industry by fostering communication and cooperation among its member companies to improve their services and products.
In 2011, we changed our name from the Kentucky Telephone Association and adopted a new logo to recognize our members offer more than wireline telephone service and the many changes in our industry in the recent past – and still to come.
KTA’s purpose is to support, unify and promote member company efforts to provide high quality service in response to the needs of all telecommunications customers.
- Promote the development and growth of the telecommunications industry in the Commonwealth, and in the nation.
- Enhance, protect and defend the mutual interests of the member companies.
- Conduct and sponsor meetings and seminars that promote the educational and technical expertise of its members.
- Encourage uniform operations, standards and practices among its members.
Membership Services & Benefits
Take advantage of the meetings with other industry professionals, and enjoy the programs and benefits of being a member of the Kentucky Telecom Association.
Services to members:
- act as a clearinghouse for industry information. This includes publications such as a monthly calendar of events, newsletter, membership directory and a statewide exchange map.
- represent the common interests of our members on key issues that impact the industry as a whole.
- provide coordinated industry positions before legislative and regulatory bodies.
- provide ongoing educational opportunities by sponsoring various technical and managerial seminars, an annual meeting and a supplier showcase.
- provide networking opportunities with your peers, associates, and clients in the Commonwealth.
Benefits to members:
- Industry information
- Networking & Contacts
- Educational resources
- Professional development
- Business opportunities
If you would like to see files archived from our previous website, please click here.